Still unsure about what you're going to dress up as tomorrow? Stop by for a fun Halloween 'do (or to escape from your little ghouls) for only $20. Also Trick-or-Treat to the Salon for a Halloween treat (for adults and kids!). Just a reminder we will be closing early tomorrow at 4pm for Halloween festivities.
Over the next week we are going to be sharing some hair tips with you by hair type (say that 3 times fast!). Today we are going to start with those of you with fine, straight hair aka hair that has a hard time getting volume or texture (you know who you are).
Your strands are skinny and fairly delicate, whether you have a lot or a little. Blow-drying with this combination adds lift and beachy texture.
Before blow-drying: Prep is the best lightweight foundation for ultra-fine hair. Layer Thickening Hairspray over it, focusing on the roots for lift.
After blow-drying: A light mist of Surf Spray after blow-drying will add body to fine hair.
Our new favorite combination is as smooth as it gets. We love to mix the new Hairdresser's Invisible oil with Bb. Straight Blow Dry for sleek, frizz-free hair that lasts. Not to mention together they smell amazing! Give it a try!
Last night our Dikson hair color educator taught us a class on red hair coloring. The fun thing about reds is there's so many different shades that we have found it can look good on anyone! You don't have to go fire engine red to try this trend, you can add touches of gold, copper or even something as simple as a few red pieces for a pop of color.
Shelby had a gold melt and was ready for a change. We took her color to a cooler toned red to balance the pink undertones of her skin. The result was a gorgeous subtle red ombré.
Megan had blonde hair with not a lot of dimension, she wanted a fun change but needed to stay looking professional for her job. We transformed her summer blonde to a beautiful dimensional fall blonde and we gave her that fun pop of color with some red panels underneath.
Did you know the stylists at Salon K give amazing styles and blowdrys? Whether its for a wedding, special occasion or you just need an hour to yourself we are here to help!
We also now travel to you for a dry-on-the-fly for special occasions, weddings, etc. Check our website for prices.
Salon K supports The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. During the month of October Salon K will donate $5.00 for every can of Spray de Mode that is purchased. We are raising awareness (and funds)! This hairspray is perfect for everyone and anyone so no excuses!
And now, for the third installment we bring you straight, minimalist, sleek hair with just the right amount of messed up look. This smooth updo was seen all over New York Fashion Week a couple weeks ago which you put you ahead of the game with the fashion scene. In this hairvolution you can see that you can create multiple looks over several days with one blowout.
1. Start with a straight blow dry, which we showed you here. 2. With a fine toothed comb create a straight side part. Using a paddle brush smooth all the hair behind the ears toward the nape.
3. Secure with a bungee or hairband. Wrap the hair around the ponytail to create a bun but leave a few little pieces out to keep it from looking too done.
4. Rake your fingers over random sections with a dab of Bb. Texture to make it a little more messy and undone.
5. Polish it up with Shine on Finishing Spray.
In our last tutorial on Bianca Duenas we went through how to get a smooth, not too perfect blow out. As we know the first step to great hair is a really good blowout. This next tutorial takes Straight Blow Dry even further by fully straightening Bianca's tresses with the help of a flat iron.
We all know about flat irons, but maybe not the varied sizes and shapes and
intensity levels they come in, nor how women used to actually iron (with a
clothes iron! So close to your scalp/face/ears! Do not try at home!)
their hair flat in the ‘60s. Ok so here we go!
1. While you're flat iron is warming up smooth a smidgen of Hairdresser's Invisible Oil through your already blown-out hair (go here to catch up to this point) for a conditioning boost. We definitely DO NOT want to fry it!
2. Section out your hair, as you go spritz your sections with Does It All Styling Spray and then flat iron the section. Lots of people make the mistake of spraying the hair afterward, but by spraying it and then adding heat it locks in the shape and helps seal in shine.
3. Continue doing this section by section until you have straightened your entire head. We are loving this look for fall!
Salon K is looking to hire a stylist assistant. We have a fun, team focused environment. We hire only stylists with great attitude, energy, and of course, mad skills to match. We're committed to helping stylists grow in their careers and only use the best with Bumble and bumble products. Qualifications: * Valid cosmetology license for Utah * Amazing color, cutting, styling and finishing skills * Desire to provide exceptional service * Strong communication skills Drop your resume by the salon today!